Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Initial Thesis Statement/Mission

I want my thesis to …
  • I want to build my own philosophy of design and my own way of design process which is fit to my personal character.
  • I would like this thesis could represent what I am thinking, my personality and my ability.
  • I want to get a design consultant job that could challenge design paradigm through this thesis.
  • I need to write a conference paper.
  • I would like to submit the thesis to red dot design competition.

I’m interested in/inspired by…
  • I am also very interested in what happened if mobile phone can always online, know where we are by GPS and know our status by accelerormeter. How does this reshape our urban, architecture and our lives?
  • I am interested in design process. Can “design thinking” be improved?

During my thesis I would like to challenge myself in…
  • The clear design thinking and smart design strategy is my goal. Do the design with just enough prototype not to be fascinated in making working prototype. Make the best of communication of my design with proper media. Do things step by step not to be too ambitious at beginning.
  • Do good user research. Inspired and co-design with user.
  • Make good document of the process.

Who would you like your adviser to be?

Please state a first option and a second option.
First Simona
Second Vinay


Comfort zone:
  • software programming: processing, flash action script 3, python, pys60, reactivision
  • hardware: arduino, button hack
  • design skill: architecture, product design, urban design, photoshop, video prototype

Risk zone: (H: highly risk M: middle level risk L: Low level risk)
  • software programming: H android sdk(mobile phone), H google app engine(web site), Flex
  • design: L illustrator, L flash as2 (rapid prototype GUI), CSS, FLEX
  • hardware: M zebee networked programming

No comments: