Thursday, June 11, 2009

Initial research framework & thougts of industrial project

We have great two weeks industrial project from Nokia. It is very intensive short period of time, but my team has done very good and rigorous design process from user research, persona, concept generation to video prototype. We did very well at very step. It is my first to make flash animation and I really made it. I still remember at last two day I was still learning how to make moving animation. I have to thank my classmates they are so helpful. My team also sat good expectation of the presentation, so there is nothing out of control. This project is confidential, so unfortunately I can't write detail about it.

Industrial project is great but too intensive, so I took one week to recover from that. Maybe the other reason why it takes me so long to recover is that I was confused with my thesis. I have no ideas how to continue. I have done something, user research, brainstorming and some intuitive ideas , but there is no clear user needs or problems that I can rely on to develop. What I have done is more like a tool to understand what I want to do.

I concluded what I have now into a initial research framework showed below.


Understand how information flow in the urban and how poeple communication in urban scale.
Then design an channel for efficient information transmission on mobile phone in the urban scale.

I will conduct a series of interviews relative to this topic to discover design opportunities.

No comments: