Sunday, June 14, 2009

Interview with micro-blogging user

User 1
Femal
She is 20 years old, girl. She is from Taiwan, studies at denmark high school and has been here for four years.
Using bbs from 12 years old
ptt heavy user
have a personal board on bbs

Quotes
“There is no category in plurk. It is not easy to find and maintain resources”
“My mon lives in US. When we are on phone, I don’t talk too much detail about what happens to me. However, now she will check my plurk where she knows lots of details such as I feel headache today. Now, she has more reasons to nag me”
“Karma makes me feel accomplishment, and if it is high I have more emotion icon to use”
“I will feel comforted, if friend sends me a hug icon”
“Most of the friends on Plurk is the friend on net. I have not met them before”
“I don’t have to rise a conversation but still can keep posted what happened to friends”
“I want to mark the post like star in gmail”
“I will check my friends’ friends. It is good way to meet new friend”
“It is more “real” to meet new friend on Plurk, because I can see the his Plurk first”
“I check friends Plurk for keeping posted. I check net star for new information”
“It is more easy to have conversation topic with friends after using plurk”
“For me, blog is for writing something serious such as introducing Denmark, because it is very public space. BBS’s personal board is for venting her emotion, because not so many people know this place. Plurk is for nagging or something not so serious.”
“I don’t like facebook, because I always spent too much time on that”
“I will open computer for Plurk”



User 2
Male
30 years old
phd student in japan
first time using internet is 17 years old(13 years ago).
interaction designer

Quotes
“ I use iphone to Plurk with photo. I don’t write by iPhone, because it is too hard to use keyboard”
“Sometimes, I just to want to document my life. I don’t care the quality of photo but care the events”
“At beginning, I just want to write some program with twitter”
“I have an Plurk account long time ago. There are no so many people using it then, so I didn’t use it. However now lots of my friends use it, so I use it a lot now”
“I connect all my social network by Plurk. When I publish something in Plurk, it will also appear on my facebook, twitter and blog.”
“I don’t care who see my post. My collage can see my personal life”
“My professor in collage is very busy. It always take days to reply my email and sometimes he misses it. Last week, I tried to reach him by the Plurk and the result is much faster than email”
“I bought a new iPhone, I asked some questions on Plurk. Some strangers answer my questions. It is amazing. I have no ideas why they know my post.”
“I follow john maeda’s twitter”
“I used to check my friends’ nickname of msn but after using Plurk I don’t do that anymore”
“There is one kind of friend who will contact once a month. After using Plurk, I keep posted with them”
“I will write special things on blog and unimportant things on Plurk”
“One of my friend write Plurk by iPhone. He writes lots of details such as I am eating now. It is my routine to see it everyday”
“Recently, I don’t have regular life. I go to bed too late. I try to document the time I wake up and go to bed. Now I have better idea of my life”
“For me, Plurk is a tool to broadcast to friends”
“I would like to subscribe some interesting information. I depend on google reader a lot now”
“Most of time when I am in break I will check my friends’ Plurk and post new one”

No comments: